Why get the 5-year Lease
When you are looking for a copier you may notice that there are different options for lease length. Most companies, including Pittsburgh Copier, offer a variety of lease lengths, rental options, and purchase choices; yet, one lease length is overwhelmingly the most popular. Today we want to explain to you the popularity and why to get the 5-year lease.
In terms of leases, there are generally three lease lengths: 24 months, 36 months, and 60 months. To simplify things let’s call the 60-month lease the “long-term lease”, and let’s call the 24 month and the 36 month lease lengths “short-term leases.”
Overview of Short-term Leases
- Shorter lease length gives you more ability to upgrade your copier as technology increases. This means that you always have the top of the line machines for your growing business. Less problems and more technology keep you moving forward
- The monthly price is going to be higher. You still have to pay for the price of the copier, but in a shorter period of time. That means that your lease prices can be a significant amount higher.
- You have to go through the process of looking for a lease more often. You get newer machines, but you are going through this process more often.
Overview of Long-term Leases
- You are with the same machine for at least 5 years. If you love your machine this can be great because you don’t have to worry about anything. However, you may figure out you made a mistake down the road and you are stuck with what you have.
- You have more reasonable monthly payment. Most leases are written around the 5-year period so the price is going to be the most acceptable to the most people.
When we looked into why people get the 5-year lease it came down to mostly price and hassle. People don’t see it as worth it to pay more every month just to have a newer copier. Additionally, the process of looking for a copier is not a fun one. People want to be doing it as little as possible. You need to find what’s right for your specific needs, but it’s for these reasons that most people get the 5-year lease